Things to bring
There is no need to go out and buy anything special for a trip to Robinwood, all specialist equipment is provided.
Robinwood also provides a selection of additional clothing which is ideal for Robinwood activities. Additional clothing provided by Robinwood Activity Centre, includes;
- heavy duty waterproof cagouls,
- heavy duty waterproof overtrousers,
- warm fibre pile tops,
- warm fibre pile mittens,
- heavy duty wellies,
- footwear for watersports activities,
- full sets of clothing for the piranha pool
- additional towels.
The clothing list given includes clothing being worn on the journey, so for example assuming you are wearing socks and underwear on your journey to Robinwood, you only need to pack 5 pairs of each!
Suggested clothing list
- 3 T-shirts
- 3 Sweatshirts / tops
- 3 Pairs of trousers
- 1 Pair of shorts
- 6 Sets of underwear
- 6 Pairs of socks
- 1 Pair of trainers (indoor use)
- 1 Pair of outdoor shoes/boots
- 2 Towels
- 1 Coat (if required for the journey)
- 1 Warm hat / sun hat
- 1 Set of nightwear
- 1 Bag of toiletries
Notes on the suggested clothing
- We have a drying room and also provide a laundry facility for children's clothing at Robinwood. Wet and/or dirty clothing will be washed on a 30 degree cycle and dried in a tumble drier. Please do not bring any new or expensive items, or any items which cannot be tumble dried.
- As a result of the provision of specialist Robinwood clothing and the laundry facility offered, children do not need to bring much additional clothing with them. Keeping the clothing brought by children to a minimum helps us to reduce lost property.
- Due to the nature of the activities it is possible that clothes may occasionally get damaged. All clothing should be suitable for use in an outdoor, and often muddy, environment. Old clothes are best, not new or expensive clothing.
- Jeans are not suitable for our activities, as they are cold and restrictive when wet and difficult to dry. Tracksuits or jogging bottoms are ideal, but other trousers would also be fine.
- In hot weather sun lotion and insect repellent is strongly recommended. In cold weather it would be a good idea to bring some warm gloves.
- Please ensure, wherever possible, that items of clothing are marked with the child's name. We do our very best to return all property to the children that it belongs to. This is made much easier if items are named.
Things not to bring to Robinwood
Please do not bring valuable items such as mobile phones, computer games, personal stereos etc. An inexpensive watch is useful and if you wish to bring a camera we recommend an inexpensive disposable type.
Please do not bring any aerosol sprays. Our fire alarm is sensitive in order to ensure high standards of fire safety and aerosols sprayed near any of the many smoke alarm sensors can set off the fire alarm for the whole centre.
From start to finish we had excellent service. Cannot fault Robinwood in any way ! A fantastic experience for both staff and children cannot wait for next year
Mountbatten Primary School, Hull